Perhaps you’ve considered working with a social media marketing agency in the past but decided against it thinking all they do is post updates to your Twitter and Facebook feeds. If this is the case, it’s certainly worth a reconsideration. The role of social media agencies reaches far beyond simple updates to various social medium platforms. The fact of the matter is, social media is simply the evolution of public relations firms as the needs for businesses and means for communication changes. Social media has simply presented a new way that target audiences can be reached. It’s even improved things, as two-way communications between businesses and audiences are not the norm. If your business already employs a PR firm and they don not handle your social media, it’s time to ask why. It’s understandable if you or your company simply hadn’t realized the value that social media firms can bring. The name of the companies itself can be a bit misleading.
You may be surprised by the wide variety of services that these companies often provide. They will probably have you covered in areas that you haven’t even considered at this point! When it comes to finding a firm, there are many different things to consider. You’ll need to find someone who can handle the unique needs of your business, and you want a firm that will effectively manage your public image. Of course figuring out who provides what is going to require some investigation, you’ll simply have to ask firms as they prepare proposals for your company.
To help get started, check out this list of beneficial services provided by the best firms.
- Identifying and Building an Audience - The first thing any competent social media marketing service is going to do is investigate and research to identify your company’s audience. They will refer to various sources, market trends, and public opinions to determine this. Once an audience has been established, the firm you’ve hired what the best means for reaching them is. In addition, they’ll evaluate the type of content that will most interest them. In addition, a quality social media management company will work to build a bigger audience than the one you already have. This promotes growth for your company.
- Establish Valuable Community Presence – The best companies integrate themselves seamlessly in the communities in which they operate. There are many different creative approaches that your social media expert might decide to take when it comes to improving your image in the community. Relevant charity drives that impact the community in a positive way is a great place to start. Your social media company might also organizing company outings and invite the whole neighborhood, regardless if they’re in your company’s target audience. Sometimes running a business is about more than just sales. Proving your worth to community is a completely worthwhile endeavor.
- Public Relations Expertise - Public relations and social media marketing are directly tied together. In fact, it can easily be argued that social media simply adds another layer to PR. The key to good public relations is successfully and efficiently managing communications between a company and its target audience. Social media is just another tool for doing this. However, the best firms will be experienced in gaining traditional forms of ‘earned media’ as well. This merit based exposure could be an article in a newspaper, a feature on TV, or even a write-up on a third-party website. This type of exposure in the editorial press and other sources is much more valuable than advertising. People can readily see you did not pay for the exposure and that it was earned, therefore giving it more clout.
- Bringing a New Product to Market - This can be a scary time for any company. You’re confident that you’ve got a great product or service, but you’re still nervous that it could flop. That’s perfectly natural, but instead of worrying why not hire a social media management agency that makes sure your bases are covered? Your agency will work tirelessly to create a buzz on social media and in the press about your latest and greatest thing. They’ll have people salivating a month before it’s even released! Launching a new product or service should be an exciting time, leave the worrying to the pros.
- Bringing Your Brand to a New Market - Like product launches, moving into a new market can be quite nerve-racking. Without proper planning it’s quite easy for thing to go awry. Let your social media firm get things in order before you expand. They’ll survey and research the new market, once again establishing your audience. At the same time, they’ll make sure that the general population is aware of you and what you offer.
- Content Kings and Queens – A social media feed is nothing without content. If you don’t have a firm that can provide fantastic content on a regular basis you’ll quick find yourself sinking. Social media streams need to be more than advertisements and simple one line posts. It takes creativity and thought. Stress the importance of content at your meetings and ask to see examples of the firm’s work.
Social media truly is the wave of the future. Nearly 90% of American adults are online and most of them have some type of social media account. It’s a great way to work on your companies strategies for public relations.